I have big news to share. We are expecting our first child! Over the last few months, so much has been going on. Not only have I been adjusting to life as an expecting mother, but also life as a new entrepreneur (I quit my corporate job September 2021). In this episode, I share my maternity leave checklist as well as helpful maternity leave planning tips for entrepreneurs.
As we prepare for the arrival of Baby K, I’m re-evaluating my financial priorities and setting intentions for what 2022 will look like which will likely include reduced work hours, family travel/exploration, and adjusting to life as a new work-at-home mommy.
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Pandora
Our Baby Registry
Check out our baby registery on Amazon here. If you decide to purchase an item, thank you in advance. We really appreciate all the love, gifts and support!
Maternity Leave Checklist For Entrepreneurs
- Review household budget
- Set maternity/paternity leave duration (how many months will you plan to step away from work?)
- Set a new savings goal based on household budget (household budget x leave duration)
- Create a new bank account for your baby fund
- Create baby registry
- Amazon is widely used and offers fast delivery
- Apply for leave benefits (depends on state)
- Find a photographer for maternity shoot
- Find baby shower location
- Plan baby shower
Register for Intro to Travel Hacking: Earning Points and Miles Workshop — learn the basics of how to earn more points and miles using credit card rewards, how to pick the right credit card for your travel goals and lifestyle, and more.