Lisette Austin a.k.a. Jet Set Lisette is an award-winning travel expert who has saved over $110,000 in travel costs. She’s the host of The Globetrotter Lounge, a travel podcast that highlights creative ways women travel more. I was even a guest on her show where I shared how to make travel a financial priority. When she is not traveling the world with her family, you can find her teaching others how to earn and maximize travel rewards in her online course JetSet 101: Becoming a Travel Hacker.
In this episode, Lisette shares how you can obtain financial freedom through points and miles, and how racking up millions of airline miles and hotel points has contributed to her traveling to over 26 countries and 157 cities.
In this episode we cover:
- How travel hacking has changed her life.
- How to better manage your finances while travel hacking so you do not get into debt or pay interest.
- Tips for earning points and miles after getting lucrative sign-up bonuses.
- Recommended resources for learning how to travel hack.
YNAB (You Need A Budget): A budgeting tool designed to help you reach your financial goals.
Million Mile Secrets: A website that shares travel rewards secrets so that everyone can travel big on a small budget.
Award Wallet: Helps you track all of your loyalty points including frequent flier miles, hotel points, dining rewards, and shopping rewards.
Affording Travel: Step-by-step guide for saving for travel and making it a financial priority in your life.
Connect with Lisette Austin
Recommended Episodes Featuring Lisette Austin:
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, I would so appreciate it if you could rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen). This helps more people find the show. I appreciate you!
Next, check out these episodes:
- How To Get Started Travel Hacking With Cody Berman
- Affording Luxury Travel with Nadeen White
- Passive Income with Denis O’Brien of Chain of Wealth