Have you ever wondered how flight and hotel pricing works? Or why does flight pricing change so often? In this episode, Expedia’s Director of Revenue Optimization, Amy Cisneroz, shares what you need to know about pricing trends and how to get the best deal on your next trip.
I’m so excited to share that Expedia is officially sponsoring The Thought Card Podcast this summer. To kick off this partnership, hear directly from Out Travel The System’s host Nisreene Atasi, the Senior Director of Global Communication at Expedia. Out Travel The System By Expedia is a travel podcast that features tips and tricks for making the most of your travel experiences. Follow today on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts.
This episode was first featured on Expedia Out Travel The System Episode #10: How It Works: Air and Hotel Pricing.
Want to support The Thought Card Podcast? Now you can keep the production team caffeinated by buying me a coffee. Also, for access to our archive of extended interviews and bonus content not shared anywhere else, Join The Thought Card Club, our exclusive membership for fans of the show.
Hotel Pricing Explained
By Expedia Out Travel The System Podcast
In this episode, we cover:
- Do booking sites increase their prices based on how long you spend on the site?
- Is it cheaper to buy things separately, or would it be cheaper to purchase a package (for example, flight and hotel)?
- When searching for travel deals, should you clear your cookies?
- Does it matter if you are booking from a Mac or PC?
- What is dynamic pricing and the factors that go into it?
- Ways to save on travel bookings.
- Hotel pricing trends and fluctuations.
- You get better deals on hotel and flight packages.
- Clearing cookies is not effective.
- Pricing varies and is determined by suppliers, competitors, and capacity or inventory.
- Airlines can change fares at any moment.
- When you’re searching, alter search parameters and be flexible on departure and arrival dates.