After getting denied vacation time for the third time and having a friend pass away abruptly, Teri Ijeoma decided that life was too short to not pursue her dreams. After lots of practice and taking a class learning how to trade in the stock market, Teri quit her job when she made enough money to replace her full-time income. Now Teri trades full-time and travels the world. Teri Ijeoma is an entrepreneur, day trader, and course instructor who encourages people to learn how to trade stocks as a way to supplement their income.
In addition to investing, Teri has over 10 years of experience in operations, logistics, staff development, non-profits, and education. Teri graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with her Bachelor of Management Science and got a Master of Media and Communications from Dallas Theology Seminary.
Teri shows us that if we put our fears aside, we can potentially add stock trading to our portfolio as a viable income source.
Want to learn how to invest with Teri? Sign up for Teri’s Trade and Travel course an investing course for people who are looking to afford to travel, pay down debt, or replace their income using the stock market.
In this episode with Teri Ijeoma we cover:
- What is a stock?
- What is a brokerage account?
- How Teri transitioned from working full-time to making over $1,000 a day trading and traveling.
- Ways to talk to your boss about pursuing professional development opportunities.
How to get started with investing?
- Teri recommends opening a stock brokerage account.
- Look for brokerages with low fees or no minimums like Robinhood.
- Learn how to trade by starting with fake money.
Other brokerages to consider include:
Sign up for Teri’s investment stock market class where you learn how she makes $1,000 a day and the (4) secrets that leads to Teri’s investing success.
In Trade and Travel, learn how to:
- Pick the right companies to invest in.
- Ways to protect your investment portfolio.
- How to price a trade.
- Strategies to earn consistently and more!
In 2019, Teri competed against other course creators and became the Grand Champion of Teachable’s 2019 Creator Challenge.
Connect with Teri Ijeoma:
If you enjoyed this episode also check out Episode 34 where I chat with Damien Peters, the founder of Wealth Noir about moving abroad to Spain and ways he’s building wealth.
Looking for the best time to book flights? Listen to Episode 5 for the best times to buy flights according to CheapAir.com.
What’s holding you back from starting to invest in the stock market?
To listen to more episodes of The Thought Card don’t forget to subscribe!
How to subscribe to the show?
- Head to your favorite podcast player.
- Search for “The Thought Card”.
- Find it.
- Hit Subscribe – You’re Done!