Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Sticher
Back in December, Kyle and I spent an incredible ten days exploring five cities in China. Climbing The Great Wall of China was one of the memorable experiences we had (there were so many). In this episode, we share what to expect and our thoughts from the top of the Juyongguan Great Wall, the closest section to Beijing.
Our Great Wall of China One Day Itinerary
On our way to the Great Wall of China, we visited the Beijing Jade Factory, where we learned about the jade making process and how to tell if jade is real or not. Here you can also shop all sorts of jade jewelry and decorations. In Chinese, jade is pronounced as “Yu”, and it has a history of four thousand years in China. Next, we climbed the Great Wall of China, one of the seven wonders of the world. We ended the day at the Chinese Herbal Institute, where we learned about traditional Chinese medicine.
What to Bring in Winter
- Water and snacks (remember you shouldn’t drink from the tap in China)
- Wear layers but be prepared to take them off during hike
- Sneakers or sturdy shoes
- Small backpack or bag for valuables
- Camera or GoPro
- Power bank to charge electronics – I recommend Anker PowerCore
- Warm gloves for scaling walls
- Cash for souvenirs, photos and hot chocolate
Want to make travel a financial priority in your life? Learn how with my newest book, Affording Travel which shares step by step how to save for a travel abundant lifestyle.