Brandon Neth left the U.S. for the first time in 2008 destined to teach English in Thailand. Him and his wife left with only $3,500 to their name. Twenty-two months later they returned home addicted to travel.
During their time abroad, Brandon taught English in China and India and worked in Australia for a year where he made some serious cash. Knowing he wanted to continue his nomadic lifestyle, Brandon tried a little bit of everything, however, when he discovered points and miles, it all came together.
Combining entrepreneurship, side hustles, investing and real estate, Brandon Neth continues his nomadic lifestyle by diversifying his income streams.
Sixty-four countries later, Brandon and his wife travel six months out of the year. In addition to owning several real estate properties, Brandon works at Financebuzz.com, a personal finance site that provides valuable and entertaining content about personal finance and travel.
In this episode we chat about:
- Why using credit cards is a good idea if you want to travel more
- Brandon’s favorite credit cards for travel rewards
- What to look out for when getting a new credit card
- How Brandon saved $100,000 working in Austraulia on the working holiday visa
- Examples of side hustles that work
- What digital nomads should look for when picking to live in a new destination including: internet speed, friendly locals, affordable standards of living, easy local laws and delicious food.
- How to get started house hacking and leveraging real estate
- Investing in ETFs and index funds
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserved Credit Card
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card
Connect with Brandon Neth:
Thanks again for listening to the show!
Ratings help this show get more easily found in search, so don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the show. By subscribing you’ll automatically get notified as soon as new episodes come out every other Thursday.
Interested in sharpening your budgeting skills?
Join us over at Back to Budgeting Basics, the course where I teach you how to create a budget that helps you save more money every month!