Welcome to The Thought Card Podcast. I’m so glad that you’ve joined me. I’m your host Danielle Desir, an author, blogger and podcaster based in Connecticut. The Thought Card is an affordable travel and personal finance podcast where I empower financially savvy travelers to make more informed financial decisions – travel more, pay off debt and build wealth. It’s actually a spin off of my award-winning affordable travel finance blog The Thought Card. If you’re not familiar with me, you can learn more about me here.
More About Your Financially Savvy Host
In a nutshell, I’m passionate about helping people be intentional with their money and make informed financial decisions. But it doesn’t stop there.
I geek out over saving money and finding creative ways to spend it. Some people call me “frugal” but I prefer “budget conscious”. I believe in saving and splurging on the experiences that matter.
I’m not opposed to spending money. I’m just opposed to wasting it.
You’ve come to the right place if you want to:
- Afford to travel (more)
- Build wealth
- Discover destinations around the world
- Learn how to crush your financial goals – check out this episode where we talk about how to set yourself up for financial success by setting goals
- Optimize your financial situation
- Pay off student loans
- Shift your mind set
- Stop living paycheck to paycheck and more!
What To Expect From The Thought Card Podcast
Join me every other week (on Thursdays) as we tackle travel and personal finance issues head on. Hear from inspiring guests who are traveling the world, crushing their financial goals and living life on their own terms. Other days we’ll dive into topics that are near and dear to my heart.
Here are some of the most popular episodes:
- Trade Stocks and Travel with Teri Ijeoma
- Passive Income with Denis O’Brien
- Affording Luxury Travel with Nadeen White
How To Get Involved
There are so many ways to get in touch!
- The best conversations happen here so after an episode leave a comment with your thoughts and let’s chat! Every episode will have it’s own show notes page.
- Send me an email at thethoughtcard (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Connect with me on social media: I’m active on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Lastly, read my blog. There are over 180 blog posts that you can check out on The Thought Card.
If you are finding value from these episodes, please leave me a review. Reviews are how podcasts rank and get found. Oh and please subscribe so that you’re the first to know when new episodes drop. You can find “The Thought Card” on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify and Google Podcasts.
How to subscribe to the show?
- Head to your favorite podcast player.
- Search for “The Thought Card”.
- Find it.
- Hit Subscribe.
See you back here for Episode 2 where we chat about the importance of having a travel fund.