Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Sticher
Brittnay Sharman is a professional house sitter from Australia. She is one half of The Travelling House Sitters, a travel blog that shares everything you need to know about house and pet sitting. Together with her partner Jayden, they have looked after 35 homes and 65 animals in 13 countries. They have over 21 house sits under their belt. In this episode, learn how house sitting has afforded Brittnay the opportunity to explore the world while keeping costs low. Brittnay and Jayden have house sat in New Zealand, Australia, Italy, France, Montenegro, Malaysia, Thailand and the U.K.
Read more about how she saved 5,000 € house sitting in Ireland.
Learn how to travel the world while saving money with Brittnay’s course How to Become a House Sitter. This course has all sorts of resources such as all the application templates they use, interview prep questions, tips for building the most appealing profile to homeowners as well as the best platforms to use in different countries.
In this episode we cover:
- How Brittnay Sharman got started house sitting.
- What is expected of a house sitter.
- Benefits and perks of becoming a house sitter.
- Why the holidays (Christmas and New Years) is a good time to book house sits.
- Countries with the most house sitting opportunities.
- How Brittnay saved $60,000 traveling the world as a professional house sitter.
- The Best Housitting Websites Reviewed and Ranked
- How to Become a House Sitter Course: This course by Brittnay Sharman teaches you everything you need to know from how to get started house sitting, how to acquire new skills, earning on the road and more.
- Trusted Housesitters
- House Carers
- Normador (France)
Connect with Brittnay Sharman:
Course: How to Become a House Sitter
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to Episode 49 where we chat with Stephanie Perry about taking an adult gap year.