Host of The Thought Card Podcast
The Financially Savvy Traveler
If you ever wanted to afford to travel more, pay off debt and build wealth then you’re in the right place!
I’m Danielle Desir and welcome to my affordable travel finance podcast. I’m an author, travel and personal finance writer, podcaster and speaker.
On the show, we talk about how to find the best travel deals, fabulous travel destinations, practical tips for saving money, investing, homeownership and so much more.
Money impacts nearly everything we do so why not be honest and transparent about it and most of all help each other by sharing what we’ve learned along the way.
In my spare time I enjoy visiting local breweries, hiking and finding breathtaking viewpoints and listening to informative podcasts. I also go to spin class every week and I enjoy long distance running. When I’m not creating content online, you can find me leading WOC Podcasters, a community of women of color podcasters with over 2,500 members from 50+ countries!
Curious to know more?
Here are 10 fun facts about me.
- I enjoy long distance running out in nature. It’s a great way to clear my mind and binge listen to my favorite podcasts.
- I have completed multiple Tough Mudders and Spartan Races.
- I don’t eat meat (I’m pescatarian) but bacon still smells delicious.
- I’m pretty nasty at double dutch (jumping rope with two ropes).
- I paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years.
- Since I travel often, my grandpa calls me the “pigeon in flight”.
- I was recognized as one of the best travel hackers in the world by Flight Network so pretty much I know how to save a buck.
- I work at one of the top medical schools in the country as a Grants Manager and I have a background in Finance, Health Care Administration and Project Management.
- I’m the founder of WOC Podcasters (Women of Color) a podcasting community for women of color to learn about podcasting, share resources and be in community with each other. You should join!
- My travel and money tips have been featured on Forbes, Work + Money, Vice, New York Post, CreditCards.com, Student Loan Hero and more.
Want to listen to the podcast?