“I’m not rich nor privileged but I am financially savvy.”
“I have a knack for financial planning and making numbers fun and approachable.”
Hiya, I’m Danielle Desir!
I show people how to afford to travel more, pay off debt and build wealth.
I’m a travel finance strategist, writer and the creator of the blog and podcast, The Thought Card. I live in Connecticut with my beautiful dog Jada and I am constantly looking for new ways to live a more financially secure life on my own terms.
Money impacts nearly everything we do so why not be honest and transparent about it and most of all help each other by sharing what we’ve learned.
The Thought Card is a travel finance brand (blog + podcast) for those looking to travel the world, eliminate debt, build wealth and save money. CT-Thought Card (or Connecticut-Thought Card) is my local Connecticut travel blog that follows my adventures in my new hometown of Fairfield and New Haven County.
I am passionate about helping people be intentional with their money and make more informed financial decisions. I also believe in pursuing multiple financial goals at the same time.
Through strategically planning and saving (which isn’t always easy), I find creative ways to financially prioritize the things that matter despite having financial responsibilities.
I now own a home, travel more times than I can count a year and I have my eyes set on FI (financial independence).
I have big dreams to retire early and travel the world extensively.
In the meantime, I have traveled to over 25 countries including my favorites Iceland and Bermuda. I love cheap flights and I enjoy making money stretch further than imaginable. Here are all the destinations I’ve traveled to so far.
Curious to know more?
Here are 10 fun facts about me.
- I enjoy long distance running out in nature. It’s a great way to clear my mind and binge on my favorite podcasts.
- I have completed multiple Tough Mudders and Spartan Races.
- I don’t eat meat (I’m pescatarian) but bacon still smells delicious.
- I’m pretty nasty at double dutch (jumping rope with two ropes).
- I paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years.
- Since I travel often, my grandpa calls me the “pigeon in flight”.
- I was recognized as one of the best travel hackers in the world by Flight Network so pretty much I know how to save a buck.
- I work at one of the top medical schools in the country as a Grants Manager (recent promotion woot-woot) and I have a background in Finance, Health Care Administration and Project Management.
- I’m the co-founder of the Facebook group WOC Podcasters (Women of Color Podcasters) for women of color looking to learn about podcasting, share resources and be in community with each other. You should join!
- My travel and money tips have been featured on media sites like Forbes, Work + Money, Vice, New York Post, CreditCards.com and Student Loan Hero.
Want to listen to the podcast?